Friday, 18 March 2016

PEACE

PEACE

Times when I have experienced Peace:-

Putting on a pair of sandals as a boy of Six and rushing out to play in the street

Catching a bus and arriving in good time for a film such as The Magnificent Seven and for it to satisfy me on every level

Going to Cornwall with Jane

Looking at Jane as “All you need is Love”’ starts being played on the organ at our wedding as we turn to walk out down the aisle

Floating on my back in the sea at Formentera

Listening to The Beatles

Reading “Tess of the D’Urbevilles” through the night in 1973

Going into hospital for my DBS and just handing myself over to them for their care

Stopping work in 2006 and walking away from the office for the last time on the following weekend.

Being so tired and going to sleep the moment my head hits the pillow

Dancing to Take on Me by A-ha at a party at my brother’s house

Coming back from the Hoffman Process in 2002

Swimming naked off Brighton Beach at 5 o’clock in the morning

Being photographed by Marta Kochanek

Leaving  school



I was tempted to just put the title “PEACE” at the top of the page and to leave the rest blank thereby representing no worries, no pain, no sadness, no nothing. I think that is what Peace is – an acceptance of whatever is happening to you. If I had died on the operating table during my DBS surgery, I would never have known. I would have just….gone. That is peace. Total peace and that is why we have to die. We yearn for happiness, relief from strife and pain and the only way in which we can achieve that is by experiencing total peace and peace can only be achieved by death. I guess that there are some people who are so switched on spiritually that they can achieve a state of mind which equates to peace in their lifetime and, if that is the case, they are indeed very fortunate.

I yearn for Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment